Responsible for entire credit granting process at the branch level; including the consistent application of credit policy, periodic credit monitoring and reviews of existing customers and the assessment of the creditworthiness of potential loan customers in accordance with UGAFODE Credit policies and procedures with the goal of optimizing the mix of both sales and bad debt losses. Interested applicants should be willing to indicate whether they can work in any of the following locations: Bombo Road, Ibanda, Ishaka, Jinja, Kagadi, Kyotera, Lira, Lyantonde, Mbale, Mbarara, Mpigi, Nakasero, Nakivale, Nansana, Ntungamo Branch, Rubaga Road, Rukungiri, Rushere and Ssembabule.
- Loan client mobilization and business growth: leads credit officers and sales staff at branch level to grow assets by supporting asset mobilization campaigns, liaising with credit officers to meet potential loan applicants, available loan types, or credit options that are available including the terms and conditions.
- Portfolio quality Management: overseeing approvals of loans that are below 5M and in line with Branch/Head Office credit committee, managing the loan administration, monitoring, and recovery processes in compliance with loan standards of the institution.
- Member of Branch Credit committee: co-approver of all branch loans (member of the branch credit committee) that are below 5M and referring those above 5M to Regional and Head Office credit committees in accordance with UGAFODE credit policies and procedures ensuring
- Loan compliance: carry out day-to-day monitoring of client’s loan performance in line with agreed terms and conditions of the loan and per set credit policy and procedures at UGAFODE to guarantee a qualitative loan portfolio.
- Credit reporting: undertakes reporting (day-to-day) on all client loan compliances, non-compliances, incidents arising out of bad loans, and trends in loan repayments as well as any feedback to support a qualitative portfolio for the institution. Preparation and submission of Consolidated loan recovery progress status and projected loan disbursement reports
- Credit recovery support: co-owner with credit officer for client loan application process at branch level and the subsequent decisions thereof. This includes; monitoring of client’s loan performance, adherence to KYC/AML procedures due to the client, loan collateral, and recovery procedures that may arise out of poor loan management processes. Chair the Branch Credit Recovery Committee(BCRC) meetings in the absence of the Branch Manager
- Succession planning: deputizes the Branch Manager in cases of absence and as such performs all duties of the incumbent as approved or delegated from time to time.
- Team supervision: takes full responsibility for guiding all direct reports, focusing on all aspects of sound people management e.g. Coaching, On-the-job training, Development, Performance Management, compliance to set standards, and Employee engagement.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Or Business Administration. Certification in Credit Analysis is preferable.
- At least 3 years’ experience in accounting and or credit application processing.
- Extensive and in-depth knowledge of Credit Administration and Management in a Banking environment.
- Possesses strong analytical skills, planning and organizing ability.
- Has excellent business acumen.
- Knowledge of the full MS Office suite
- Females are encouraged to apply.
HOW TO APPLY:
Submit your application letter & CV to the Head of Human Resource via our email: firstname.lastname@example.org. The CV should include your telephone contacts, contacts & email address of 3 referees. Your email subject line should include your name & job reference no. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Submission Deadline: 18th December 2021