The job holder will report to the Head of Credit and the position is based at Head office.
The Credit Analyst Agricultural Lending will undertake an intermediary role between the branches and Head Office. He/she will be in charge of analyzing credit data and financial information contained in the credit proposals submitted to Head Office by the various branches and making recommendations to the relevant approval committee(s). The goal is to determine the risk of non-payment of loans that have been applied for. The level of risk will be used to determine if the loan should be granted or declined.
- Coordination of all agricultural lending activities
- Agricultural loan underwriting standards
- Agriculture loan portfolio quality
- Agriculture loan portfolio growth
- Credit Officer productivity
- Building Credit staff capabilities
- Receiving loan proposal documents sent to Head Office by the various branches of UGAFODE
- Analyzing loan data and financial statements in order to determine the level of risk involved in granting loans to agricultural loan applicants
- Analyzing the security documentation and values of client’s securities to determine that they are sufficient in line with policy requirements of UGAFODE
- Evaluating the financial status of clients and their agribusinesses using financial ratios with the aim of establishing their credit repayment capacity
- Preparing credit reports following review of the credit requests sent in from branches
- Recommend agricultural loan facilities to the relevant approval committee for approval in line with credit approval policy of the institution.
- Following up of loan requests with branches and other departments such as Legal Department which are involved in the loan disbursement process to ensure that loans are disbursed in a timely manner.
- Creating mirror files for all cases submitted to Head Office by the branches as a complete record of each case for future reference where needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Agricultural Economics or related field
- 3+ years’ experience as a Credit Analyst specializing in Agriculture
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office suite
- Able to research and evaluate data to make informed decisions and solve problems
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills.
- Sense of discretion and willingness to maintain strict confidentiality of pertinent and
Interested persons who meet the above criteria should submit their cover letter together with an up-todate
CV and Academic documents as one document to: email@example.com (Please indicate the
position you are applying for in the subject line). Applications should be addressed to the Head of Human
Resource by close of business 13th March 2019.