Responsible for identifying, assessing, monitoring and reporting of Compliance risk in UGAFODE (MDI)’s various business processes in line with applicable laws, regulations and UGAFODE’s policies and procedures
- Anti-Money Laundering and Combating Financing of Terrorism (AML & CFT): Ensures UGAFODE’s Money Laundering compliance by monitoring and reviewing AML risk through an efficient identification and monitoring of any suspicious activities process as well as timely reporting.
- Implementation of scheduled compliance reviews: Conducts compliance checks as per approved compliance schedule, conduct reviews, assessments including addressing compliance faults and subsequent reporting of compliance risk from all branches and departments in line with UGAFODE’s policies and procedure and Compliance plan.
- Closing pending compliance issues: Visits branches and other operational departments, identifies and closes compliance gaps, agree on action plans and timeliness, follow-ups on agreed action plans for closure.
- Review and reporting: Reviews and reports on compliance/non-compliance to lenders covenants and other service level agreements, reviews compliance with regulatory risk limits for UGAFODE, and other critical entities in line with set policy and procedural standards. Monitors red flags in the system.
- Conduct regulatory compliance reviews: Follows up, documents and promptly engages various stakeholders at UGAFODE on ensuring compliance with applicable regulatory requirement as well as ensuring timely submission of returns.
- Compliance Training: Conducts training on different compliance aspects e.g. AML, policies and procedures etc.
- Follow up on Audit issues: Follows up for proper and timely implementation of Audit (internal & external) recommendations and Bank of Uganda directives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Law/Business Administration or a business related field.
- At least 2 years experience in banking or related financial institution with experience particularly in compliance
- A good understanding of laws and regulations governing financial institutions
- Broad knowledge of Banking Operations, Pertinent Banking Compliance legislation, policies and procedures.
- In-depth knowledge of AML, KYC principles, workings of different international sanction list is crucial.
- Strong networking and stakeholder engagement skills
- Sound judgment and decision-making skills
If you believe you meet the requirements as noted above, please submit application letter together with an up to date CV to our email only: email@example.com (please indicate the position you are applying for in the Subject Line e.g. “Compliance Officer”). Applications should be addressed to the Head of Human Resource. Closing date for receiving applications is: April 21, 2021 but they will be viewed on a rolling basis.Ladies are encouraged to apply.