BANKING OFFICERS IN ANY OF OUR BRANCHES – (Kyotera, Lira, Jinja, Rukungiri, Mbarara, Ntungamo, Ibanda, Ishaka, Lyantonde, Rushere, Mpigi, Sembabule, Kagadi, and Mbale).
The Banking Officers will be responsible for the management of Cash, Customer Care support and marketing.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Customer Service
- Welcoming all incoming customers
- Ensures quality customer service by having product knowledge of all the institution developments /products
- Updates and maintains external and internal branch operations contact databases and telephone directories, and handles and responds to queries and telephone calls.
- Maintaining the attendance register
- Manages customer relationships and employs cross selling to meet customer’s full financial service needs
- Acts as the receptionist and provides hospitality to clients and all visitors
- Administrative Support
- Provides administration support.
- Opening up new customer accounts in the system, ensuring all information is complete and accurate
- Processes all field staff account opening forms, following up to ensure all information is complete and accurate
- Sets and maintains up to date Branch operations’ section filing and retrieval systems for business correspondence and all administrative records and ensures documents can be filed and retrieved with ease by all users.
- Ensures confidentiality of Operations related information is maintained in all cases to protect the interest of the Company and the clients.
- Prepares, types, and dispatches correspondences and reports including email, fax, letters, and memos.
- Schedules and coordinates all department meetings and appointments including timely and accurate preparation and distribution of meeting materials, attending meetings and recording minutes; and following up action items.
- Ensures that all requests are responded to on time and accurately.
- Raising the request orders for the purchase of goods and services for the Branch.
- Alerts the Branch Manager of any sign of fraud by staff and clients.
- Any other duty that may be assigned by the Branch Manager from time to time.
- Develops and maintain own knowledge, expertise and professionalism.
- Keeps abreast of current developments in microfinance and banking industry including micro and macro environmental factors and trends, microfinance products and poverty eradication strategies through local and international networking activities.
- Meets personal training and development needs through relevant professional associations and networks.
Academic Qualifications & Work Experience
- Degree in a business related field.
- Excellent secretarial and word processing skills
- Good spoken and written English.
- Advanced typing speed
- Excellent organization, time, work and self-management skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to establish daily and monthly priorities and activities and manage own diary
- Ability to plan, coordinate and monitor own and departmental work plan and handle heavy workload
- Ability to work well under pressure and against conflicting deadlines
- Ability to act with initiative in all matters and handle confidential information with utmost discretion
- Ability to interpret documents and understand administration procedures
- Ability to adapt and work co-operatively and effectively with all managers and staff
- Practical experience in office maintenance
Other critical skills and abilities
- Basic knowledge of: the Microfinance industry, products or services , related statutory and regulatory banking / compliance regulations, operations activities, banking and legal legislation
- Practical skills in drafting and maintaining minutes records, drafting correspondence and basic project progress reports.
- Basic Mathematical and Numeric Skills
- Personal Computer Operation
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Energetic and ability to be active throughout and willingness to learn
- High level of honesty, integrity and confidentiality
How to apply:
Interested persons who meet the above criteria should submit their motivation letters together with an up to date CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org (please indicate the position you are applying for). Applications should be addressed to the Head of Human Resource.
Closing date for receiving applications is: 28th November, 2017.